Do not be deceived by our title. DivorceCare is for all broken, marital & live-in relationships, where one person is hurting, left behind with the ravages of broken promises, seeking another place to live, or left home alone, searching for a healing way to get through the pain of love left behind you. No need to hurry into signing papers, get educated, seek positive direction, get prayer, and through it all, take heart, all is kept confiential here.There is hope...do not rush anything!
There is a $20 registration fee for DivorceCare which covers the cost of your workbook. You can attend the course up to four times, and begin at any time during the 13 week cycle. Scholarships are also available.
For information or questions, call De Etta or Rick at 610-326-6726. Divorce Care Contents List
After you’ve completed Divorce Care, improve your self-worth, grow emotionally and spiritually, and do better than statistics project you would normally in your next relationship, by participating in one or more of the following small groups that focuses on one of the key topics on the Road Map to a Healthy Marriage.
Click below on the Road Map icon to see the stops en route to a healthy marriage (and their course descriptions on the pages that follow the map).
Browse Current Groups> [Divorce Care, DNA of Relationships, Safe People]
What to expect: During each session, a variety of meaningful, practical topics are reviewed and discussed each week.
DivorceCare is a cycling 13-week workshop using videos, workbook and discussions to encourage, heal, and center one with the
Lord. By joining a DivorceCare group you are not giving up on your marriage. DivorceCare will provide a place to validate your feelings, receive prayer, network among the group and bring you closer in your relationship with the Lord.
- What's happening to me?
- The road to healing and finding help
- Facing your anger, depression and loneliness
- What's the owner's manual say?
- New relationships
- Single sexuality
- Forgiveness and more!
Rick and DeEtta Lerch - DivorceCare Leaders
Rick and I were each Divorced before we met each other. We understand how you feel! Rick once told me when we were dating that he should have bought stock in the Scott tissue company he cried so much! Me, I wished I could have died naturally, but I was too young. We have created an environment with ambiance & cozy surroundings, including a water fall, quiet lighting, gliders, rockers, and heat, or cool as the need may be, all in an effort to help to ease your pain. We have, if you want it, Pet therapy. If you are interested in joining us, You are welcome to just show up, or preferably contact us, by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 610-326-6726 then we'll know you by name when you walk through the glass door at back of the house door, come back the driveway!
CHILDCARE NOW GOING TO BE AVAILABLE HERE, but please register ahead so I know what to do in preparation.
We are not an exclusive Morning-Star Fellowship Church-only support group! Feel free to tell others or bring them. DivorceCare is for those thinking about divorce, those already separated or still living together but headed that way, as well as those already left alone, or divorced for years but can't get past the bitterness, forgiveness or loneliness. Hear what the experts have to say: How will your kids be affected? How will you be manage financially? How do you handle all the emotions? Feel like committing suicide? How do you handle all the pain? Is there a chance of getting back together? What about all the losses? When do you consider a new relationship? What about sex? Where is God?
Questions from a potential new participant
1. How large are the groups typically? We have had groups as small as four people and groups as large as fourteen.
2. Is there a male and female "leader" I am (talkative) female leader and my husband Rick is the less talkative and praying leader (after every session he prays for all requests.)
3. Is there typically a mix of men an women? It is often mixed, there was an occasion where it was all men and one woman! Mixed is good for females in pain to thus hear the point view of men in their same shoes in pain, not all men are bad. And conversely, in our last session one man was impressed to hear that we girls agreed with him about a sensitive subject that he, prior to this nights discussion, didn't know whom to ask.
4. What is the cost for the sessions? The only cost is 20 dollars for a work book should you wish to take notes and do the work in the book. We provide the rest as a ministry to serve God.
5. It doesn't seem like the meetings are a prayer session, but there is an influence of the church. I'm not necessary opposed to that, but right now I don't know how I feel about all of "that". Is this an issue? Prayer is at the end of the night, praying for needs of those there and for the departed or departing spouse, if desired. There is the influence of how God instructs us to deal with say,... anger. The videos are educational, full of FACTS about the subjects. Information about your emotions, depression and informative details about it, the same with topics of anger , finance, new relationships, sex, reconciliation, forgiveness, (these last two are not referring to getting back together, just gaining peace with what is, etc.)
View Divorce Care Promotional Video Here