We will be taking a missions trip in February 2014 to Guatemala. On this trip we will have two teams, a Construction Team and a Ministry Team. If you are feeling called or are interested in going on this trip please read the below statements, fill out the online application, and print and fill out the other required forms below.
Missions Philosophy and Vision:
God’s love and offer of redemption through His Son, Jesus Christ, extents to all people (Rev 5:9). It is His desire that none should perish (2 Peter 3:9). Christians everywhere are called by God to take the light of Jesus Christ into all the world, making disciples, baptizing them, and teaching them to obey everything Jesus has command us (Matt 28:19-20).
In obedience to God, we commit ourselves to pursuing the fulfillment of this Great Commission. To this end, we are offering short-term missionary opportunities to different areas of the world where there is great need, and the opportunity to meet that need.
Qualifications for Short Term Missionary Service:
All applicants must fulfill the following criteria in order to participate in a short-term mission trip. We have established criteria so that it will be an incentive for people to excel in their relationship with God and thereby being endorsed by God for a missions team assignment. Participants will be required to meet the following qualifications:
- Applicant must be a born again believer in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Applicant must be pursuing a growing relationship with God.
- Applicant must have a desire to share their faith and be grounded in God’s Word.
- Applicant must be a regular church attender.
- Applicants, who do not attend MSF, must obtain a recommendation from their pastor.
- Applicant must have a teachable spirit and be a good team player.
- Applicant must be in good physical health.
- Applicant must be insured under a health care benefit program.
- Applicants under 18 must obtain written parental approval. A temporary guardianship may be required if parents are not attending the trip.
Each missions trip will establish a budget to include airfare, transportation, food, accommodations, ministry costs and supplies, and any other pertinent expense.
Participants are responsible for the following:
- Trusting in God’s calling, the participant will look to the Lord to provide the necessary funds to cover your passport, visa, inoculations, transportation, lodging, meals, and other personal expenses.
- The team may attempt to raise their trip funds by the following means:
- Team members can do personal or group fund-raisers (i.e. car wash; candy sale, etc.).
- Team members can send letters to family members and friends outside of the church in order to raise the needed amounts.
- MSF will purchase the team’s airline tickets upon receiving at least fifty percent of the airline ticket cost from each participate. The due date for submitting the above will be set by the Team Leader. Based on ticket negotiations, this amount could be non-refundable.
- Team members who have been attending MSF for at least the past 12 months may be eligible for our Missions Scholarship. (First trip $250/Second Trip $150/Third trip$100) The scholarship will be applied to the LAST payment.